The following social media channels are beneficial to the Galaxy Food Center. The targeted audience use these forms of media the most, resulting in the food center reaching their customers.
Facebook currently reaches all demographics, but the age group of 30-49 female internet user use Facebook 79 percent of the time. This age group is the primary shoppers of the food center, therefore needs to be reach the most.
The Galaxy uses the form of social media, but not as a marketing tool. Facebook is used to convey information on what is found within the store, but no actual sales are posted. The post which are made do not appear consistently and responses to customers are slow or nonexistent.
The food center could post several of the main sales happening. Promotional deals of sharing the post and liking the page to receive a small prize could boost the sales and visitors to the social media page.
- Free account for the business page
- Reaches a wide range of demographics
- Easy way of viewing customers thoughts and reviews of the food center
- May reach markets which are outside the local atmosphere
- Facebook shows negative comments and reviews
- Significant amount of time will have to go into planning and keeping the page organized
- Can be seen or mentioned by anyone in a public forum
- May cause negative marketing if one users does not enjoy the store
Pinterest is not one of the top social media channels, but it is used regularly by the demographic of women between 30-49 years of age. The social media channel could be used in a subtle but efficient way if used correctly.
With Pinterest being used frequently for quick and simple recipes, the channel would be a great area to post recipes with ingredients located and sold inside the food center. Videos or simply the recipes with interesting photos would allow users to experiment and think of the Galaxy first when making the food.
The channel would take a significant amount of time to gain followers, but in the end benefit the food center in reaching not only the desired demographic, but the others as well.
- Reach a wide variety of users
- Can be used to share videos and images of the store
- Easy way for the food center to unconsciously persuade users to shop at the Galaxy
- A way for the social media manager to be creative with posts and images
- Slow channel to gain followers through
- Requires significant amount of time and effort to design each post
- Easy to be lost in the other posts of other food centers
- Is not an easy way to direct people to recipes, requires interest by the users
Twitter is being used more and more by the older and younger demographics in day-to-day situations. It could be used to post wins and several cross posting strategies to gain followers and shoppers.
The Galaxy currently does not have a Twitter account. In a small location like they are, the food center could benefit from another social media channel reaching far and beyond common sale areas.
Posting would happen three times a day for an update of what sales are happening at the sale and promotional features for cross posting to Instagram and Facebook.
- Creating their own hashtag, The Galaxy could be located much easier on all social media channels
- Free of charge to run an account
- Can reach all age demographics
- Post can be shared easily by users, and responded to quickly
- Can be shared by anyone in a negative way
- Is limited on the amount of words used in the tweets
- Upkeep of the account will require much attention
- Customer service issues could be discussed on a public forum